Wordle is a popular word game where people try to figure out how to solve the puzzle each day as there is only one puzzle per day released. While the game is simple enough, it can be as challenge when the word is obscure or just something you aren’t totally familiar with. If you are wondering what the solution is for Wordle 480 then we’ll be providing it for you in this guide!
Each day Wordle will challenge you with a new puzzle. You get your chance at cracking it by visiting the official Wordle website after midnight local time. This means no matter where you live in the world, you will have a new puzzle waiting for you as soon as it turns 12am!
If you want to see answers from previous days, you can find them on our Today’s Wordle Answer post!
Wordle Answer Letter Positions
If you would rather get some clues towards the puzzle, here are some posts that will give you letters based on their position in the solution:
- First Two Letters
- First Three Letters
- First Four Letters
- First and Last Letters
- Middle Letter
- Two Middle Letters
- Other Two Middle Letters
- Three Middle Letters
- Last Two Letters
- Last Three Letters
- Last Four Letters
Wordle October 12, 2022 Answer
The answer for Wordle 480 is IONIC!
What does ionic mean?
If you weren’t able to figure this one out then you might be wondering exactly what it means. Well, here’s a look at the definition of IONIC from Dictionary.com:
ionic (adjective) relating to, composed of, or using ions
If you’re hoping to get better at Wordle then we’ve got some tips for you that will hopefully have you solving these more easily next time you play!
- Use a good starting word – Try to figure out a few go-to words that you will start your puzzles out with that feature multiple vowels and that do not repeat words you’ve already tried. These are traditionally things like Adieu, Audio, Raise, Atone, and Stone.
- Watch out for duplicate letters – It’s easy to forget that you might have repeat letters in your puzzle. For example, the word “buzzy” has double “z” in it. This won’t be obvious from the clues given by Wordle. Just because you see a letter is green in a particular spot doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work in another!
- Search for 5-letter words – If you are feeling stumped then give yourself some additional clues! Do a search for 5-letter words that begin with or contain some of the letters you have found. This will help you find some words you might not know or have forgotten about. You can then hopefully figure out the puzzle from the extra help, which will in turn increase your knowledge for the next one!
That’s everything you need to know about the answer for today’s Wordle. If you want to find more content on the game, you can check out the Wordle section of our website.
How is this person/site providing the answer to today’s (October 12) Wordle before it is released? At the time of this comment, the page shows that it was updated at 5:14pm MST on October 11.
1. Did they solve & update the page on October 12 but not update the “Updated:” field?
2. Did they legitimately get the Wordle word in advance from NY Times?
3. Have they found a way to hack into the NY Times computer systems to get the words in advance?
One way is because of time zones, where people get the Wordle earlier than others depending on where they live. The other is that it’s very easy to get the answers ahead of time without doing any kind of hacking.